What is IELTS ?
The most widely used English language test for work, study, and immigration is called IELTS. It stands for International English Language Testing System. IELTS evaluates a test-competency taker in four areas of the English language: speaking, reading, and writing.
Anyone can apply for IELTS test, regardless of their age, gender, color, nationality, or religion; however, individuals under the age of 16 are not advised to do so. It is not required to have a minimum score in high school to appear for IELTS. For people wishing to attend a university or environment where English is the primary language, the IELTS Academic test is appropriate. For the purpose of professional registration, you can also take IELTS Academic.
IELTS Preparation Guide
Everything you need to know before giving IELTS exam:
- TEST TYPE: There are two types of IELTS Tests – General Training (GT) and Academic (AC). If you want to enroll in a professional institution or study at a university or college as an undergraduate or postgraduate student, you must pass the IELTS Academic test. For admittance into secondary education, a college, or other educational training facilities, or to immigrate to an English-speaking Country, you may need to take the IELTS General Training test.
- SCHEDULE AND FORMAT: The test is divided into four segments (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking). The test’s structure, question types, time allotment for each test section, and material are the same across all mediums. The exam is intended to replicate real-world scenarios. It treats students from all backgrounds equally and impartially.
- SCORE CALCULATION: There are 4 parts to the exam, the average official band score is determined by adding these components’ individual 9-band grades. Each of the two sections—listening and reading—has 40 questions and is worth 40 marks. One needs to score maximum marks in order to clear the exam.
- VOCABULARY: In Speaking and Reading, vocabulary makes up 25% of the overall scores, but it varies in the other two segments. The percentage of total marks that vocabulary provides to Speaking and Reading varies for the other two segments.
- ‘REAL’ PRACTICE: For optimum preparation, you should attempt as many IELTS practice questions as possible. Practice answering the test questions within the allotted time by setting a timer. While taking the test, it will also assist you in developing your time management abilities. Before you take your test, make use of the knowledge that is accessible online through numerous forums.
- USE AUTHENTIC MATERIAL: To ace the test, look for credible information throughout the planning of test preparations, such as the IELTS test series. The majority of students have no idea what kind of content they need to practice.
IELTS 2022 Registration
Candidates are recommended to choose an IELTS exam date in 2022 that works best for them while keeping in mind the deadlines for applying to universities. To avoid any last-minute mistakes, students planning to take the IELTS are recommended to select a test date three to four months before the application deadline. Apply for IELTS test on computer with IDP from 25 July onwards. Keyway Abroad is your one stop solution from abroad education consultation for preparation and admission in top universities.
Whom to Choose?
There are many coaching centers dedicated for IELTS preparation. But the best IELTS coaching center in Udaipur is Keyway Abroad. They provide live classes in both online and offline mode with flexible and small batches for better understanding, with mock tests at regular intervals with the help of professional and efficient teachers. They also facilitate practice tests and regular home assignments. The teachers are certified by Cambridge/ British Council/ IDP. The test format consists of 2 parts Reading and Listening Section. Listening section consists of 4 parts with 10 questions each, total 40 questions, to be completed in around 30 minutes. The Reading section consists of 3 reading passages with a total of 40 questions, and the total time allotted is 60 minutes.
Also Read : IELTS Coaching Center in Udaipur